Sunday, September 6, 2009

Who Can Be Counted On?

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." - Genesis 1:1

Do you ever feel alone? Or afraid? Worthless? Defeated? Hurt? In pain? I believe we all experience these feelings at some time or another in our lives. The key thought to remember is our origin: Who made us. And that would be God.

No matter what difficulties life may be hurling at us, God has been here from the beginning. We are His creation (Genesis 1:26) formed in His image and likeness.

He has, and will continue to be, our heavenly Father. He can see every aspect of each of our lives; even the future. While we do have free will, God "nudges" us in the direction He would like us to go. It is when we veer from this path that turmoil occurs, and our peace usually disappears. Aren't you glad that He has taken the responsibility of caring for us? I would hate to entrust my life to another human, including me!

I am so very grateful for all of the blessings God has bestowed upon me. He has been my rock and my salvation (Psalms 18:2) through all adversity and illness. He continues to fill my heart with peace and hope (II Timothy 1:7), even when things look impossible (Philippians 4:13). I am thankful for the many miracles that He has blessed my life with. Miracles have no "limited supply", but are always there for the asking (Matthew 7:7).

It is good to know that I can always count on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment